Rotherham and Barnsley Mind continuously recruits a small number of Voluntary Placement Counsellors. We enclose our Terms and Conditions for contracting Voluntary Placement Counsellors and invite applications and expressions of interest from candidates studying at the appropriate level.
Placements can commence at any time but we offer group inductions each year following successful applications and interviews.
Students receive group supervision on a monthly basis as part of their placement and are not currently required to contribute financially to this.
Please be aware that evening work maybe required.
We do not offer weekend work.
Students will be based at both our Rotherham and Barnsley offices dependant on availability.
Successful Candidates will be expected to:
- Evidence a Fitness to Practise Certificate signed by course tutor
- Undertake training in IT/client record database lamplight
- Adhere to Rotherham and Barnsley Mind ‘s policies and procedures
- Sign confidentiality and privacy forms
- Provide an up to date DBS/ pay for us to undertake one on their behalf
- Provide evidence of an active student membership of BACP/ UKCP
- Be in ongoing personal therapy
- Demonstrate a commitment to their role and fully engage in internal group supervision
- Supply two references
Students will provide:
- 6-12 sessions of subsidised low cost counselling to up to 3 clients at any one time
Rotherham and Barnsley Mind will:
- Conduct initial assessments and Identify appropriate clients for the students to begin therapy with (this will generally be clients with mild to moderate presenting issues)
- Oversee administrative duties when booking initial appointments
- Take payments for the sessions
- Provide appropriate therapy rooms for the sessions to take place in
- Provide group supervision as detailed above
- Ensure a safe environment for the student/ volunteer to undertake their practise
- Complete training progress forms and associated paperwork
- Offer a subsidised place on a MHFA course
For information about placements email: [email protected]