Group support sessions (Rotherham)
We offer several support groups from our Rotherham office which include:
• Mixed social sessions: relaxed and informal sessions for anyone who is feeling stressed, anxious, alone or who wants to make new friends. These sessions offer the opportunity to meet others who will understand how you’re feeling. The Group meets on Mondays and Thursdays with a £2 charge which includes a hot drink.
• Carers’ Group: we know carers can feel lonely, isolated, anxious and unable to cope. The carers’ support project enables those who are in a caring role to meet up with others and share advice and support in a safe environment. £2 Charge with a free hot drink.
• Bereavement Group (Social Prescribing): Our bereavement Group is an 8 week course which aims to help people understand and deal with bereavement in a comforting and confidential setting. Free to attend with a GP referral.
• Bereavement Group (Peer-Led): Following the success of our social prescribing pilot, the attendees were really keen to continue meeting and keep the momentum and support network open for them and others experiencing the loss of a loved one. The group meets weekly £3 to attend.
• Creative Minds (Social Prescribing): is a therapeutic arts and crafts group which centres around mindfulness, with a social aspect. These sessions involve using arts and crafts to promote relaxation. This is a 12-week course, focusing on a different topic each week. Free to attend with a GP referral, £3 for those without a referral.
With the exception of the social prescribing groups (Bereavement and Creative Minds) all our groups are volunteer and peer-led, this is due to the substantial funding cuts we encountered earlier this year, to allow us to continue these groups we have introduced a small charge. That said our staff are always on hand to support and provide a safe and welcoming environment to help people with mental health conditions raise their self-confidence and build on their social skills.
The groups are semi-structured as we work with partner organisations who attend to share information about the availability of other local services.
To find out more about our services please contact the Rotherham office on 01709 919929 or Barnsley Office on 01226 211188.
Free Charity Hosting by Kualo
Website built by Elevate Communications Ltd, Sheffield