Group Support Sessions (Barnsley)
We offer a variety of support groups from our Barnsley office which include:
• Mums in Mind: this is a welcoming group for pregnant woman and new mums to come together to create positive mental wellbeing. You can talk in confidence to other like-minded mums and staff along with a qualified midwife who can answer any medical questions or help with any issues. We work alongside the maternity unit at Barnsley Hospital NHS Foundation Trust. If you are interested in Joining our Mums in Mind Group or want more information please contact Claire Langley: 01226 211188. Free to attend
• Social Sessions: relaxed and informal sessions for anyone who is feeling stressed, anxious, alone or who wants to make new friends. These sessions offer the opportunity to meet others who will understand how you’re feeling. Free to attend.
• Refugee and Asylum Seeker Social Group: relaxed informal and a safe place to meet. If you are looking to meet new people and gain support from us and other organisations that specialise in immigration and integration, then R B Mind can help you find the support you need. Working alongside specialist organisations we can help you feel less isolated and make new friends in your new community. Free to attend
• Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender group: offering support for members of the LGBT community empowering you to achieve participation, inclusion, independence, boost your confidence and improve your overall mental wellbeing. Free to attend
• Moving on in Mind: Is a 6 week course designed to support your wellbeing and equip you with the tools to self manage symptoms of anxiety and depression. Free to attend
• Craft Group : This is a peer led group for anyone who enjoys getting creative and are interested in being part of an informal, supportive group which focuses on finding positive ways to manage their mental health. The group will work collaboratively to explore ways of expressing craft work which delivers important messages, such as the effects of stigma and stereotypes on mental health. There is a £3 charge to allow replenishment of craft materials
• Men’s Group:
Coming Soon. Free to attend
• S.E.N.D Carers Group:
Coming Soon. Free to attend
Our schedule of group sessions and training is continuously reviewed to ensure we encompass all aspects of daily life. It is important to us that we involve our clients in all areas of our organisation from planning, service delivery to governance to ensure we have a model which has been co-created by those that access our services now and in the future.
To find out more about our services please contact the Rotherham office on 01709 919929 or Barnsley on 01226 211188.
Free Charity Hosting by Kualo
Website built by Elevate Communications Ltd, Sheffield